September 18, 2020
Dear Residents, Family Members and Legal Representatives,
I am happy to announce that we remain COVID free both for our residents and staff at this time. I want to thank you for your ongoing understanding and patience during this global pandemic. We are certainly doing our best to navigate through these unchartered waters. We continue to maintain strict infection control protocols to keep your loved ones safe. We also believe that wearing masks and social distancing has been very effective at this time. In an effort to ensure on-going safety for your loved one we will be providing them with surgical masks to wear when they are out of their rooms. We believe that this will be an added precaution to keep COVID at bay. The Activities Department continues to offer Facetime as an option for folks that may not be able to make it in to the facility. Please give them a call at 765-5844 and they will gladly set up a time for you.
In order to keep our residents, staff and your family members safe from the potential coronavirus exposure, we need to continue implement visits under a very strict set of rules. Please be sure to contact the front desk to set up your appointment to visit. We continue to offer visits Monday –Friday 9-11am and 1-4pm. Here is a run-down of what you need to know:
- Reservation times will be determined by the resident’s responsible party calling our receptionist desk for a scheduled time slot.
- Visits may be cancelled by our team for any reason.
- Unannounced visits are not permitted.
- Staff members will sanitize visitors hands upon entrance and departure.
- Each visitor will be required to have a temperature taken and complete a questionnaire to ensure a safe visit.
- Visits are limited to 2 people per resident for 20-30 minutes. Visitors must be over the age of 18.
- No physical contact is allowed and social distance will be enforced.
- NO food, beverages, or gifts are allowed to be given to the residents
- Visits will take place outdoors in the designated area in the front parking lot.
- Visitors need to properly wear a face covering when approaching the premises, and once screening has taken place, will be provided a surgical-grade face mask to wear during the visit if they do not already have one.
- All visits will be monitored by a staff member
- Sitting in high touch areas will be disinfected with CDC approved sanitizing agents and drying time will be observed before the next visit.
- To ensure fairness, every resident will have the opportunity for a visit with their loved ones before more appointments are scheduled.
- Virtual visitations will continue to be offered as staff time allows.
We ask for your understanding of and strict adherence to our new PHASE 1 REOPENING list of rules for visitation. If you are not feeling well or have had any risk of coronavirus exposure, you simply should not visit. We certainly do not want to jeopardize our COVID-19 free environment.
Sincerely, Kathy Shatraw, Administrator